Friday, May 30, 2008

The joys of raising a boy!



I have to brag a little bit before I explain the picture, after all it is my right as a mom to do so. Ryan had a 6 month doctor appointment a few days ago and as I was explaining all the fun

things he has learned to do since we last saw the doctor the doctor just shook his head and said

"November 2nd right"

I said "You mean his birthday? Yeah November 2nd"

"And you were there right?"

"You mean in the delivery room uh yeah I was there"

"O.K. I was just checking to make sure that they didnt give you a three month old at the hospital"

Ryans doctor said that he is the most advanced boy that he has ever seen. :)

O.K. now on to the picture, Ryan and I were sitting on the stoop on the front porch when the cat walked by. Well he was pretty sure that that black cat was the coolest thing he had ever seen and he wanted to get his hands on it. So he kinda does this lunge standy thing and faceplants into the mat which is imbeded with little white rock things. I picked him up and he had road rash all over theleft side of his face. This was one of the first big boo boos but I know that it will not be the last!

2 comments:

Jen Hilton said...

Wow, that is an impressive war wound!

Carbonneau said...

I know what you mean when you say the JOYS of RAISING BOYS! Unfortunately Nathan has had several booboos like this, but the joys of raising boys, plural, just means that the other boys did it TO HIM. :)
I LOVE what the doctor said. Did they give you a 3 month old?!! lol He IS advanced!!