Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring Break Part one

I decided that it was time to venture out of my comfort zone and take a trip with the kids alone. So for the first half of Spring Break we headed up to Beccas house for some fun fun fun. Jessie discovered true love with Bampa. He is probably one of the most awesome men I have ever met, and was so nice he even let us have his room for the time we were there. We visited Bampas work at a school. It was way fun to be there after hours and let the kids loose a bit.
I LOVE this picture of Ryan. He looks a bit like an alien dont you think?

We were so excited to visit the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point. They had so many fun things to do and the kids wanted to do it all. This was an awesome tube that had a fan at the bottom and a hole that the kids could put paper into. Then it would shoot up the tube and float back to the ground.



The erosion table was for sure Ryans favorite. I had to drag him away from that one long after the girls had moved on to the next thing.









Oh Ikea! I had soooo much fun with Becca here. Lunch was A-Mazing! Here is a pic halfway through. Then we wandered through the store and I found so many cute and fun things for the kids.



So for as long as I have known Becca I had no idea that she was hiding a secret. She is part of a set! She has a sister that is just as awesome as she is and when you hang out with BOTH of them wow, that is a good time! This was our dinner out with out the kids.
















What trip would be complete without life size body drawings? Those were a blast. Abbys turned out so cute! Surprisingly Ryan held still the best of all the kids!
















We got stuck in Cedar City on the way home for so many hours I finally got a hotel room. I let the kids jump on the beds while I took a bath, then we headed out to find some dinner. I saw that the freeway had re opened so we checked out and headed home. It still took us two and a half hours to get home from Cedar but I slept in my own bed that night. This was a snowman that we came across at the top of Cedar Mountain. He is resting up against a guard rail. So obviously some people had it worse off then us. At lest we could turn around and wait out the accident in Cedar City. I am so grateful for our safety on that trip as well as my family who were so concerned for us. Oh that was a spring break to remember!






















3 comments:

Mom at Our House said...

We were so glad you came up here. We had so much fun. So when are you planing your next trip up here?

Tiffany said...

I'm such a national treasure that not a lot of people are allowed to know about me.

Remember, I call top bunk!

mama cow said...

Well I was thinking July would be a good time but now I have plans so maybe June after my class is over or August on our way up to Idaho we will stop by for the night.