Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Babies, booties, and pink eye.....Oh My!

(WARNING SOME CONTENT MAY BE TOO GRAPHIC FOR SOME READERS)


Well I am sure you have all heard by now the newest member of our family arrived Friday afternoon. He came into the world quietly around 3:10 PM. Well he was quiet his mommy on the other hand did enough screaming for the both of them. Ryan William Osness was the name we finally decided on. He was 7 lb 6 oz and 21 inches long. The doctor said the cord was wrapped around his face twice really tight and that they would have to cut the cord before he could come out the rest of the way. I on the other hand did not feel like waiting for them to do that, which gave me the last bit of motivation I needed to push him out the rest of the way. He had some bruising from the cord but still looked like an angel. I was in a hurry to get home to my family so we hightailed it out of there about 24 hours later. Little did I know what was waiting for me at home. I had been having suspicions about Cassie having pink eye a few days before. By the time I got back it had spread to the other eye and she had so lovingly shared with her sister as well. On top of that Cassie had a severe runny nose and Jessie was starting to go down hill as well. My mom arrived Sunday afternoon which was a lifesaver for me so she could help with the girls who were getting sicker by the minute. We finally were able to get them to a doctor Monday night where Cassie came home with a diagnosis of pink eye, and ear infection, and sinusitis which was causing a sore throat. Jessie had pink eye and a gastric intestinal virus which was causing runny pooh. Things are going much smoother today now that they have been on meds for 24 hours so we hope to get out some pictures of the baby tomorrow.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

You're right. That's worse. I hope everyone starts feeling better soon.

I can't wait to see pics of your little guy!

Anonymous said...

Yay for baby Ryan.....boo for runny pooh! and other sickies.