Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A B C's and 1 2 3's

We sent Jess off for her first day of preschool yesterday. She has been so so excited to get to preschool ever since Cassie started going last year. It made me proud that we have raised independent children as I dropped her off and saw many of the other kids clinging to their mothers legs. Jessie said bye mom and didnt glance back once. Cassie had a kindergarden test at the same time Jess had to be picked up so Jeff got to pick her up. He ended up being a bit late and was amused to see Jessie still happily playing while the other two "orphans" were waiting nervously at the door wondering if their moms were ever going to get there. Jeff decided to take her and Ryan to McDonalds afterward to celebrate her first day. Now that we have two kids in school we decided it was time to give them a little responsibility, so for FHE last night we gave them a chore chart and an allowance and talked about tithing. I cant believe we have such grownup kids!

3 comments:

Jen Hilton said...

kind of fun to have big kids, huh! Have fun with Ryan. I know Adam has enjoyed this peace and quiet with me.

Melissa Baird said...

Clingy kids are the worst. I loved that Chase has always left me well. Logan is more clingy, but he still leaves me so here's hoping he'll keep that up. He's still got a couple years before school. Which brings me to my final complaint. Only one child at home and he's all over me now that he's lost big brother to play with. I should get on the ball like you and just pop the kiddies out.

Cute kids you have!

Bundy Family said...

We started tithing as well. My girls also have daily chores too. I read some where that kids are ready to do chores at age 7. Obviously the article was way off. If my girls didn't help me I would be messes all day. They are great at cleaning the toilet and making their beds.