Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Mom, you have to be skinny to do that!

We took the kids for some early morning fun on Labor Day up on the big red hill. It was a great view and they had a blast exploring and freaking mom out! Every nook we walked past Ryan would squeeze into and say "CHEESE".
Of course we had to get a picture of mom and dad too. Cassie is turning into a good little potographer for the family.

The girls knew exactly where they wanted to take dad and show him the nooks. Little did they know he spent his childhood exploring around there.


And of course we ended our "hike" at the narrows. I have never been up there before and as we are walking up there Cassie says "Mom you cant go up there, only skinny people can go there" I think I would have made it if I really wanted to but I kept having visions of myself getting stuck and the fire department having to deliver the baby while I am stuck in a crack! Being 8 months pregnant I guess I have to slow down sometime. Dad started to follow the girls through the crack but he wasnt quite sure he would fit either. Luckily there were some nice girls that helped our girls get all the way through and Jeff hiked up the back way and met them on the other side. Ryan and I took a breather and played in the soft red dirt for a while. I was quite happy to see the car again and even more happy to get my shoes off!








2 comments:

Megan Andersen said...

I need to take Ava exploring around up there--she would love it!

Mom at Our House said...

Ha Ha, little does she know, you are one of the smallest, 8 month pregnant people, around :)