Wednesday, January 28, 2009

4 oclock Frenzy

Everyday about 4 is when I start to pull my hair out. Everyone is up from naps and hungry but I am just getting dinner going. I dont want to feed them because they wont eat their dinner. So I have started to get creative with our activities to keep them occupied until dinner is ready at 5. They all enjoy coloring but that only lasts about 30 minutes tops. Other things in my arsenal include empty toilet paper rolls for trumpets and empty milk jugs to bag on. If all else fails we take a breather and DANCE!

2 comments:

Mom at Our House said...

I am impressed that any of them last 30 min. I think my boys are up to 10 min. for the oldest and one scribble for the youngest.

Melissa Baird said...

I know all about the dreaded 4 o clock hour.
"I'm hungry now!"
"I'm cooking dinner right now.
Chill out you little monkey!"
"But I'm hungry."
"And I am going to feed you kitty hairballs if you don't stop pestering me. Let me cook dinner."

I think the coloring for 30 minutes is a girl thing. Like Becca, its much shorter than that for my boys. I give in and give the munchkins a little something to hold them over...but mostly I turn on the cartoons so I can cook. Its the only way I get peace. I am ruining my children with tv.

But I need some peace,right?