Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend

We had a wonderful weekend despite the cold temps and some rain Saturday morning. Thursday night we headed over to the College for some games and an egg hunt. Cassie was in a potato sack race and did quite a good job.
There were so many kids there and the definitely did not plan for all of them so we kept Ryan away from the scramble. He was happy to watch from the sidelines with Jessie who also was content to just watch.


Friday morning we dyed eggs. Ryan did a good job of keeping the mess to he minimum and the girls spent about an hour painting them after we dyed them. I had to tear Cassie away because Ryan kept trying to "help" long after he was done with his two eggs.













Saturday morning met us with clouds and rain but we were hard core and bundled the kids up and headed off to the egg hunt at the park. They all enjoyed the hunt despite the rain and afterward we headed home for some hot chocolate. We all met at Daniel and Pams for lunch and even Nancy and Randy made it up from Las Vegas. After lunch we had another egg hunt. This time there were so many eggs and just a few kids so everyone could take their time and enjoy looking for eggs. Saturday night we all went over to grandmas for dinner and to spend some time with Nancy and Randy and the cousins.




Sunday morning we got all purdied up and headed off to church. Grandma found this cute dress at kid to kid and just had to buy it. Jessie was lucky to be the one who fit into that size so she ended up with the dress. It is a great color for her.



After church we walked home to find the easter bunny had dropped of a few goodies for the kids including some skates for the girls. That afternoon we headed over to Malissa and Kieths for lunch and to celebrate Kadens birthday. Malissa made some killer turkey it was so moist and yummy my mouth is watering just thinking about it. We had a great afternoon hanging out with the family before Nancy had to head back home. It was a great weekend filled with family and a perfect way to celebrate.













2 comments:

Mom at Our House said...

What a fun Easter weekend.
You guys are always hard core about getting candy!
Ryan's hair is looking so blond!

Devri said...

Sorry I have been here, just (ok this will sound like highschool, but I thought you stopped reading my blog, so I just lurk.. I will comment more I promise, but comment once in awhile too..

I know you were expecting. I think we were about due the same time.. It kind of makes me sad, but I am ok.. I miscarried April 1, of all days!!! argh!