Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Meet Molly

This is Molly. I saved her from a pet store on Sunday. Why was I at a pet store on Sunday? Long story. Sunday afternoon I recieved a phone call from a lady down the street asking if I wanted some puppies. Her daughter had found two puppies in a box in the gutter on main street and they needed a home. I told her to bring them over and I would take a look at them. They were only about 4 weeks old and not supposed to be away from their mom yet so I offered to take care of them while we looked for the mom. So off to the pet store we went to get them some formula. I was not looking forward to having to get up every few hours to feed them but it needed to be done. So while I was standing in line an employee came over with this dog and said the owner had just dropped her off and said she didnt want her anymore. Well I figured I would be taking a trip to the pound on Monday anyway so I offered to take her overnight. She was so scared I had to carry her out to the car. But she learned very quickly who her momma was. She is still on trial to see if she fits well into the family but so far so good. She is protective but doesnt bite, she is good with the kids, and loves car rides and walks. Her two biggest problems right now are remembering to go poo poo outside and the fact that she makes me itchy. I am hoping the itchy goes away and the poop thing has been fine as long as I catch her before she does it. We arent sure of her breed but she is still a puppy for sure I would guess around a year old. Oh and she likes to chew, but we have plent of things that we dont mind letting her chew on. She has her paw on a gatorade bottle that she worked on for a while. She and Ryan were having a blast getting into things together this morning. As soon as I got back from the pet store I got a phone call from the neighbor saying she found the mommy. It was some long dramatic story that I was happy to not listen to! All I know is I dont have to feed them every 4 hours. I also found the origins of Molly which I will blog about later.


1 comment:

Mom at Our House said...

She is really cute.

The story of how you got her is to die for funny. Only you would end up with a dog that way.

So did the puppies go to the pound?

What did Jeff say when you came home with Molly?