Friday, November 28, 2008

Thankful Thoughts

We are gearing up to come home but this trip has been so fun. I know we are all ready to get back into the routine of regular life but only for a week then we are off to Disneyland!!! Oh I cant wait. We have done lots of shopping and preparing and visiting. I have pictures of all the preparations for a Thanksgiving dinner for 28 and Erin and I also spent Monday working on Thanksgiving decorations and Christmas for Jeffs brother Roger (Sarah you are gonna LOVE it!) Thanksgiving was everything to be desired with a BBQ pit turkey as well as ham, sweet potatoes, corn pudding, fresh green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, awesome jello layerd salad, pumpkin pie, chocolate silk pie, banana creme pie, and lemon merenge pie. I know I gained this week cause my pants now fit me again which is a good thing! Erin sold the family tent trailer so all the kids split the money and she and I hit the black friday sales this morning. We went to Radio Shack (a bust) Khols (awesome) Joannes (meh) and Target (AWESOME) we both got coats at Target for 9 bucks as well as some great gifts for Christmas. As I reflact on this last week I have to express my thankfulness for my wonderful family. Great friends. And the fact that my mom is the best cook in the whole world and she has passed her skills on to me. I am also thankful that I have a nice home and a husband who not only meet our needs but fulfills our wants too :) So I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well and now let us all bring on Christmas!!!

2 comments:

Mom at Our House said...

Happy Thanksgiving and Woohoo for Christmas!

Hillary said...

Sarah can't wait!