Sunday, May 3, 2009

Jinxed


There are days, weeks even, in a mothers life where you find yourself dealing with the

not so pleasant side of motherhood. This has been one of those weeks, sort of. I think I may have jinxed myself earlier this week by bragging that Jess had never really thrown up. Ryan has been battling a stomach virus since Thursday when he lost his lunch on the front porch. It was everywhere! His shoes, his shirt, the whole porch, and he even tracked it into the house afterward. Anyway, after Thursday we have been dealing with the other "end" of the virus. So Saturday comes and poor Jessie tells me her stomach hurts. I asked her when the last time she pooped and she just got mad. So she seemed fine the rest of the day until we ventured out in the afternoon. She didnt want to play at Malissas house. And she kept falling asleep in the car. So we stopped at Wendys for dinner and she was just sitting there looking miserable. I didnt push her to eat anything but she tried to be a trooper and eat her nugget. Well one cough later we had an eruption of epic proportions! It was everywhere and it kept coming. I felt so bad for the other three people in the restaurant because we were all sitting kinda close to them. So we made it home and into the tub. You could tell she was feeling better but we werent out of the woods yet. Jeff went up to check on her later and found her in the closet crying because she had "farted gross" yep now she has the other "end" of the mess. So once again I am staying home from church with two sick babies. This too shall pass!

1 comment:

Mom at Our House said...

Poor Jess, I hope she feels better.