Sunday, May 24, 2009

The visit

My parents found their way to our neck of the woods after they hiked the Grand Canyon this week. Grandma started to come down with a sinus infection on Friday so she took it easy but was still a trooper and let me drag her to the Farmers Market Saturday morning. The kids were thrilled to have a larger adoring audience and took advantage of it at every opportunity. Grandpa bought himself an I pod so he could download songs for the drive home, so he and Jeff fidled with that in the afternoon while mom and I relaxed on the porch. We also broke out the slide for the first time this year. Ryan was happy to sit at a distance and watch the action but the girls got right on and played away for a few hours. We went to my favorite chineese bufet for dinner and about a half an hour after arriving THREE busses full of tourists pulled up and they came pouring inside. There were so many they were making everyone share tables! And forget about finding any food every scrap was gone from every tray. It was very fun to watch all the action but I have a huge aversion to large crowds of people so I couldnt stay long, also I am sure they were happy to be able to give our table to the newcomers. Then we came home and watched the wind blow and blow. While we were sitting in the front room the back room and kitchen was getting an inside dust storn since I didnt think to close the doors. There was dirt everywhere!!! I should have taken a picture but I was just so shocked at all the dirt and so excited to use my new vaccum to clean it up. Ryan went to get his ball popper to "help" clean up too. It was a great fun weekend and we were sad to see it end, but I am sure Grandma will be happy to be in her own bed tonight. Thanks for coming guys!!

No comments: