Thursday, October 23, 2008

Warning to all mothers

Let me begin by saying to all you mothers out there, listen to your children they really do know what they are talking about! Jessie has to do everything Cassie does.
So Monday afternoon Cassie stubbed her toe at her friends house kinda bad and it was bleeding a little. When I got her home I had her lay on the couch with her foot in the air and I gave her some Motrin to help with the throbbing . The next morning Cassie woke up and came in my room and she looked like this.

She is opening her eyes as wide as she can in this picture. As you can see there was a problem. So I asked her what she did to her eye. She said it was the medicine that you gave me mom. I am thinking no that cant be right because if it was an allergic reaction then wouldnt both eyes be swollen? Well we took her in to the doctor and sure enough it was an allergic reaction to Childrens Motrin. So they told me to give her som Benadryl and she would be OK. Well when we got home I started doing a little research online and found out that Jhonson and Jhonson is in the middle of a lawsuit right now for children going blind after having an allergic reaction to Motrin!


So no more motrin for my kids! Another side note Zyrtec is not the same as Benadryl it will not reduce the swelling due to an allergic reaction! Well Cassie is all better now and I have learned some new lifes lessons.



6 comments:

Clarkson said...

Hey guys! I've finally had time to check out your blog. It was crazy running into you guys at Del Taco! Your blog is cute. Glad the allergic reaction wasn't any more serious! Chelsea

Jen Hilton said...

Crazy about Cassie's eye. Have you given motrin to her before?

Our Story said...

I've heard about kids having an allergic reaction before to motrin. Kyla can't have it ether she ends up with diarea and believe me that not fun either. Next time I come down that way I'll stop by. You'll have to give me your add. some time.

Anonymous said...

That is so scary. I am glad you told us. I am also glad Cassie is okay now!)

Jenn said...

wow that is scarry! I am glad she is okay! all of your life lessons are good to know for me too. thanks!

Melissa said...

How terrible. I'm sorry to hear that happened to her. Thanks for the warning about Motrin!!