Sunday, September 7, 2008

Ward Campout

I am not sure why adults find the urge to pack up their house and drive into the woods and sleep next to all their neighbors listening to them all snore and get up to go peepee and their babies waking up in the cold of the night crying. It has to be for the kids. Jeff was working this weekend so I adventured out on my own with the kids and we camped old school in a tent.
Jessie and Ryan were dirty in the first 10 minutes but I am glad that I went because they had a blast.
Ryan was so stinkin cute in his little hat I just had to take a picture.
Here he is in the tent after a good meal of dirt and rocks. He thought that the tent was for wrestling because everytime we were in the tent he started laughing like a mad man and trying to crawl away from me. It was a fun weekend and I am glad I did it but boy was I tired afterward.

4 comments:

Bundy Family said...

I'm glad things went well. How did Ryan do sleeping in the tent?

Anonymous said...

so much fun. I want to go camping so bad, then I remember how cold and hard the ground is and talk myself out of it.

Hillary said...

What??? You went camping without Jeff? You must be crazy. I only go camping at girls camp or if Rog is there. None of this single-parenting camping. YIKES!

Melissa Baird said...

How on earth did you attempt to go camping by yourself? I can't even go grocery shopping by myself. Your children must be so different from mine.